Saturday, August 2, 2008

Not So Bad After All...

Okay, so I have been waiting and waiting to blog because there is so much to catch up on that I haven't shared about Hannah and our lives up to this point. There is so much I want to add, stories to tell, but do I go out of order, back track, blah, blah. So, instead of wasting anymore time I am going to just start now. I may never get it all together and our blog page may never look exactly like I want it, but I don't know when I will get the chance to get it that way. So, I am going to officially start my blogging without it all being in place.

So today I turned the big 3-0. I must say that I dreaded this b-day for some reason. Something about thirty just sounds so...well...grown up. I don't think I ever want to grow up. :) Anyway, all this to say that 30 isn't so bad after all. I think I will remain this age for the years to come. Sounds like a good age to me! Today was such a blessing. My sweet hubby blessed me with beautiful roses and we got to go out alone! I pretty much ate my weight in sushi today! Then, I came home to a house filled with decorations compliments of Nana and Uncle Drew and Hannah. It was so much fun and they made my day wonderful and special! I was also blessed by the company of two of my favorite girls stopping by for some dessert as well. And folks, here is the biggest deal of all...you should see this cake that my girlfriend got me! (thanks so much Locker!) I know that I am loved and that my friends know and love me well because check these cakes out... (for those of you who don't know, I have trouble finding sweets sweet enough! Sweets are my favorite!)



a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjbc0J4s4Q6hovfHXlrkJI7YTCCA4UGI93GtR8BPct3usJbVzigRFmREpgpxU-b68_mzede1m8nbKqbfSNnS6wGtRgXoD8LBaMFpKKbBserdFrV_icW3BtZTAAkgJEx0-qFbWWalvouNUw/s1600-h/30th+pics+002.jpg">


Hannah loved the cookies, but hated the icing on her fingers and wanted mommy to lick it off. It was a wonderful day and I have made my peace and decided that 30 isn't so bad after all!

3 comments:

The Greers said...

Brittney:
I don't know if you remember me or not, but we lived in Galvetraz for a year with you guys! I was so glad to see your blog! You look beautiful as always and Hannah is precious!!!! I didn't know you guys came back to Galveston... the last I heard y'all had moved. Glad to see all is well. Come check out our blog when you have a minute! http://emilystephenmaddox.blogspot.com
:)emily greer

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday my friend! I chuckled when I read your post, as that is EXACTLY how I felt when I turned 30. But you are FABULOUS, and I hope you enjoy every minute of this new decade of life! Love you!

Kevin said...

Happy belated birthday. I actually think 23 is the age you actually start feeling grown-up!! I am way past that and still feel young, so don't feel so bad.

So glad you have joined the blogging world!!

--kevin